Frisco Invisalign Dentist
Do you want to straighten your teeth without much fuss and bother? Make an appointment with Parklane Family Dentistry to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign aligners. This orthodontic treatment offers an easy and comfortable way to move your teeth into the optimal position. When you need a minor adjustment to align the teeth within your visible smile line, Invisalign is a great option.
Traditional braces use wires and brackets to move teeth into the correct position. While this may be necessary to get the desired results in some cases, it is not always the only option. Invisalign aligners also move teeth into alignment by providing gentle pressure on the teeth to move them into the proper space.
Clear, smooth plastic trays, custom made to fit, are placed over your teeth. Each set is worn daily for a couple of weeks before you move on to the next set. With each set, your teeth move a little closer to the desired position. You also get to see the outcome at the beginning of the process, thanks to computer graphics.
The Invisalign system is very convenient because you do not have to make any changes to your diet or oral health routine. When you eat or brush and floss your teeth, take out the aligners and put them back in when you finish. Traditional braces require modifications in diet and special attention to cleaning your teeth because of the brackets and wires. These concerns are eliminated with the Invisalign system.
Teenagers enjoy using Invisalign Teen because it is a very discreet method of orthodontics. The clear plastic trays are virtually invisible when they are being worn. Teens also have the freedom to eat all of their favorite foods with friends.
If you or your teen have slightly misaligned teeth within your visible smile that you would like to have straightened, contact Parklane Family Dentistry. Dr. Vashisht will be happy to talk with you about how Invisalign can straighten your teeth.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Every Invisalign treatment begins with a comprehensive exam and consultation with Dr. Parul Vashisht. First, he will take a look at your mouth to ensure you are free of any oral health issues like cavities or gum disease. If any issues are present, we will need to address those before we begin your orthodontic treatment. During your consultation, you’ll also get to envision the outcome of your new smile, thanks to our 3D computer graphics. This helps to ensure you feel confident that you’ll love the results before we even begin.
If Dr. Vashisht approves you for treatment with Invisalign, we will take scans or impressions of your teeth to send to our partners at Invisalign where they will begin custom crafting your aligners. In a couple of weeks, we will call you back into our office when your aligners arrive. These clear, smooth plastic trays are custom made to fit and are placed over your teeth. Each set is worn daily for a couple of weeks before you move on to the next set. With each set, your teeth move a little closer to the desired position.
You’ll need to come back to our office for follow up treatments every few weeks. During these quick check-ins, we’ll make sure your smile is on track and give you your next sets of aligners, and send you on your way. You’ll be in and out in no time! These check-in appointments are also a great time for you to ask Dr. Vashisht any questions you may have or let him know if there are any issues with your aligners. Your new, straight smile will usually be complete in under 12 months, but your treatment time will vary based on your unique needs.
The Benefits of Invisalign
There are many unique benefits to Invisalign Including:
- Discreet Treatment– Since Invisalign is made out of high-quality, clear plastic material, they are nearly invisible when you’re wearing them. No one will be able to tell that you are undergoing an orthodontic procedure unless you tell them!
- No Dietary Restrictions– You’ll take out your aligners to eat and drink to avoid staining or damaging them. This also means that you can continue to eat and drink your favorite foods, without fear of dislodging a bracket or wire.
- Easy Cleaning and Hygiene– Since your aligners are removable, you’ll also be able to take them out to brush and floss. This means you’ll be able to easily keep your teeth bright and healthy while you straighten them as opposed to having to use special flossing tools like you would have to with traditional braces.
- Comfortable– There are no hard metal wires or brackets to poke or irritate your mouth with Invisalign! Plus, they are extremely thin, so they won’t feel as bulky as traditional braces would.
- Quick Results– Because Invisalign moves teeth into proper alignment with gentle, even pressure all around the teeth, we often see faster results than with metal braces.
- Watch Your Smile Change– Because your aligners are clear you’ll be able to see your smile transform right before your eyes! You’ll be able to smile proudly even during treatment, as opposed to having to cover your smile with metal brackets and wires.
- Great for Teens– The Invisalign system is great for teens who may be self-conscious. The teen years are hard enough, and Invisalign can help boost their confidence by straightening their smile while also making it easy for them to retain their normal oral hygiene routine.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Traditional braces use wires and brackets to move teeth into the correct position. The brackets are usually either metal or ceramic material and are adhered to each tooth with a strong dental cement. A wire will be run through these brackets to apply pressure and shift your teeth gradually. During this treatment, patients need to come in for frequent adjustments to ensure they are on track. Traditional braces are great for patients with more complex orthodontic needs, such as extreme crossbites or very crooked teeth. While this may be necessary to get the desired results in some cases, it is not always the only option. That is why we always recommend coming in for an orthodontic consultation to determine whether braces or Invisalign are right for you.
What Issues Can Invisalign Address?
Invisalign aligners can treat a wide variety of minor to moderate orthodontic issues including overbites, underbites, gapping, spacing issues, and crooked teeth. However, more severe orthodontic issues may need to be treated with traditional braces. If you or your teen have slightly misaligned teeth and are dreaming of a beautiful, straight smile, contact Parklane Family Dentistry today. Dr. Vashisht will be happy to walk you through your orthodontic treatment options and find out if Invisalign is the right choice for your smile.